Christian Pilgrims’ Welfare Board
The Ekiti State Christian Pilgrims’ Welfare Board was established through an edict of the Old Ondo State in 1996.
The Board is located at Old Governor’s Office Ado Ekiti. The Christian Pilgrims’ Welfare Board is a board under the control of Head of Service, Governor’s Office Ado-Ekiti, during the re-organisation of Government Ministry and Departments in year 2014 and its status is clearly defined.
There are three departments in the Commission as follows:
- Administration and Supplies
- Finance and Accounts
To create more awareness and ensure that 75% of Ekiti Christians participate in the holy Pilgrimage and Extending youth empowerment programmes to the state of Israel on many different acquisition skills vis-à-vis agriculture and other trades. Thereafter, they the (Youths) will replicate same in Ekiti and Nigeria as whole by turning their products to revenue generation.
The mission of the board is to continue to encourage Christians to participate in the Holy Pilgrimage. So that they will become better Christians/ Citizens of Ekiti State in particular and Nigeria in general.
- Registration of intending Pilgrims usually commence in the first quarter of the year
- Sensitization/Mobilization:- Christian Pilgrims’ Welfare Board sensitize and mobilize private individual Churches. Interest groups like Christian Association of Nigeria (CAN) Pentecostal fellowship of Nigeria (PFN). Besides trade Union such as NLC, NULGE,ANCOPSS and Corporate Organization and sensitized are mobilized through personal contact circular letters, Radio and Television announcements.
- Screening of Pilgrims:- The Board is expected to carry out a screening exercise later in the year. The exercise will be done in collaboration with officials of the Nigeria Christian Pilgrims Commission (NCPC) in Abuja. The objective of the screening exercise is to determine all potential absconders, under/over age persons and those that are physically incapable for the Pilgrimage.
- The Board embarks on Orientation Programme for intending Pilgrims; it is for the purpose of preparing the intending pilgrims socially mentally and psychologically for the spiritual journey to the holy land. The orientation programme teaches them some aspects of the life of the people of Israel especially on sensitive issue like security.
- Departure and Thanks Giving Programme:- As a tradition, the Board usually organize a Departure Services for the intending Pilgrims where His Excellency, the Governor will address them. And upon the arrival from the Holy Pilgrimage, a thanksgiving service will be held to round off the entire programme.Conducting voters and civic education leading to Local Government elections
- The board generates revenue to the State Government through the sale of forms
- The board carries out any Policy directive or administrative guidelines that may be given to the board
|Mr. Fadipe Olasupo Kayode
|Mr.Jemiseye Emmanuel O.
|Mrs. Arije Bosede M.
||PEO 1 (Audit)