Accountant General’s Office
Office of the Accountant General.
There are seven departments in the Office as follows:
- Office of the Accountant General
- JAAC Office
- Fund Management
- Central Pay Office
- Management Services
- Main Account
- Internal Audit
The Treasury Department is an extra ministerial Department under the Ministry of Finance and Economic Development and therefore, the Office has no affiliated Agency.
The overall vision of the Treasury Department is to be the best office: A core value expected to make the office become a well respected and regarded as a highly competent, Professional and productive Department
The mission of the Accountant General’s office is to manage the financial resources of the State within its purview effectively, efficiently and to promote prudent financial practices in the state
The Accountant General/ Permanent Secretary who is responsible for the General administration of the Treasury Department is also the Chief Accounts Officer of the State Government and the custodian of the Government Fund. The Accountant General also attend the Federal Accounts Allocation Committee meeting on behalf of the state Government on monthly basis, prepare and present the main Memoranda at Local Government Joint Allocation Committee (JAAC) meetings.
Other Functions of the office includes:
• Processing and disbursement of approved releases for payment on behalf of the State Government.
• Preparation of daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly cash flow statement.
• Liaison between the State Government and the banks on day to day financial activities of the Government.
• Preparation of monthly Bank Reconciliation Statement.
• It monitors the Ministries/ Departments/ Agencies (MDAs) and ensures that each MDA complies with the provision of Financial Administration and extant rules and regulation.
• Supervising the Accounts (Comprising the Receipts and Expenditure) of the Government Ministries, Departments and Agencies and reconciling the Accounts with the Treasury records on a periodic basis.
• The preparation of the statutory final Accounts of the State Government that is the Accountant- General’s report (Mid-year and Annual) in line with International Reporting Standards.
• It performs the verification, collation of monthly Salaries and Allowances of Public Servants and other Relevant Public Office Holders.
|Mrs. O. O. Owolabi
||Accounta General/ Perm Sec
|Mr. J. J. Akinola
||Deputy Accountan General, Fund Management
|Mr.J. O. Alonge
||Deputy Accountan General, Main Accounts
||Deputy Accountan General, Management Services
|Mr. Felix Ojo
||Deputy Accountan General, Central Pay Office