The Bureau of Rural Development (BRD) is made up of five Departments and three Units. The departments are:
The Units includes:
- Construction of Rural Roads
- Construction of Bridges
- Construction of lined hand dug wells
To fast track the transformation of rural areas to liveable milieu through aggressive socio-economic and rural infrastructural development.
To create/provide enabling environment for the people in the rural areas who mainly are farmers. Also to serve as a means of accelerating development at the grassroots in the areas of socio amenities and infrastructural development:- provision of drinkable water, rural roads, health services, rural schools, rural markets and micro credits.
- formulation and dissemination of policies on rural development
- collection, collation, analyzing and disseminating research to rural development
- promoting the development and maintenance of rural infrastructural facilities.
- creating forum for bringing together the relevant stakeholders in rural development
- assisting the small-scale farmers in the rural areas to make use of available opportunities for optimal production to better their lots.
- promotion of an enabling environment for achieving economic development in the rural areas.
- mobilization/sensitization of the rural dwellers on the scourge of HIV/AIDs and how to mitigate its effects.
Name Position – Special Adviser – Snr. Special Assistant Mr. E.O Owolabi Administrative Secretary Mr. I.O. Ajayi Director, Finance &Administrativ Mr. E.S. Agunbiade Director, Community & Economic Development Mr.R.B. Ogundele. Director, Planning, ResearchStatistics Engr. A.S. Akinola Director Rural Infrastructure Mr. J. B. Ilori Director Social Services Engr. A.O. Ilesanmi Deputy Director, Rural and Infrastructure Mr. S.W.R, Ogunmosunle Deputy Director, Planning Resarch & Statistics Mr. S.A.Adeyanju . Deputy Director, Community Economic Development Mr. Abiodun Ogunrinde Deputy Director, Social Services
Name Position Period Dr. Gboyega Isinjola Special Adviser 2008 – 2009 Hon. Sola Omolayo Sr. Special Assistant 2008 – 2009 Hon. Taiwo Olatunbosun Sr. Special Assistant 2008 – 2009 Hon. Kayode Babade Senior Special Assistant 2008 – 2009 Hon. Abiodun Bamiteko Hon Commissioner Ministry of Rural Development 2009 – 2010 Mr. E.O Fagbemi Permanent Secretary 2009 – 2010 Mr. Dipo Ogunkayode Snr. Special Assistant 2010 – 2014 Hon. Tale Oguntoyinbo Special Adviser 2010 – 2014
All correspondences to the Office of the Administrative Secretary Bureau of Rural Development,
New Secretariat, Phase II,
Ado – Ekiti.
Sunday, June 25 2017, 2:51 pm
In the journey of life, no one sees your struggle, everyone sees your success. No one talks about your struggle, everyone talks about your success.