Budget And Economic Planning
The Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning began as Ekiti State Planning Commission on 31st May, 1998 with an edict signed by the then Military Administrator, Lt. Col. M.I Bawa. However, the Commission became a full fledged Ministry and was re-named Ministry of Budget and Economic Planning in December, 2012.
To be the driving force of Ekiti State Economic Planning and Development.
To ensure efficient and effective Policy Planning and implementation of programs and Projects that delivers Public value to Ekiti People.
The Ministry is divided into Finance and Account; Project Planning, Multilateral Relations, Project Monitoring and Budget Departments.
The Ministry also has the following Units operating within it:
- Directorate of Administration and Supplies,
- Finance and Accounts
- Project Monitoring and Evaluation,
- Project Planning, Research and Statistics
- Multilateral Relations
The Core Function of the Ministry are:
- Preparation of Annual Budget both Capital and Recurrent.
- Quarterly Appraisal of Annual Budget.
- Economic Development Programs.
- Budget Monitoring.
- Supporting Aggressive Revenue Generation.
- Preparation of Development Plans.
- Preparation of Medium Term Expenditure Framework.
- Monitoring of Capital Projects and preparation of Annual Capital Projects Appraisal documents.
- Evaluation of Capital Projects.
- Facilitating /attracting Development partners to the State.
- Adherence to lay down Rules and Regulations guiding the Civil Service.
- Allocation and Management of available Resources within the Ministry.
- Bureau of Statistics
- New Partnership for African Development (NEPAD)
- State Cash Transfer Unit
- Youth Employment Social Support Operation
In continuation of its efforts at improving the Economy of Ekiti State, the Ministry is responsible for the following Projects and Programs:
- YESSO activities are on-going with the main objective of Establishing the Single Register of poor and Vulnerable House-hold in the State. As at now, YESSO-SOCU Office has established Single Register for Six pilot LGAs: Ido-Osi, Ado, Gbonyin, Oye, Ekiti West and Ekiti South
- Monitoring of State Government Capital Projects across the State
- Annual Capital Projects Appraisal Report
- Evaluation of State Government Capital Projects across the State
- Processing of approvals for release of fund
- Budgetary control for all votes in the Ministry
- Preparation of Annual Appropriation in the Accounts
- Preparation of wages and salaries with monthly reconciliation at Biometric Centre
- Budget Automation Centre
- International Public Sector Accounting standard (IPSAS) Compliance Budgeting Process
- Conduct of Fiscal Survey
- Public Expenditure Management Framework
|Mr Olusesan Alabi
||State Coordinator, YESSO
|Mr. Adefolaju A.
|Mr. Egunjobi M.A
||Director, Project Planning Department
|Mr. D. B. Faniyan
||Director, Multilateral Relations Department
|Mr. Ajayi P.O.
||Director, Project Monitoring and Evaluation Department
|Mrs. Oyebola M.O
||Director, Administration & Supplies
|Mrs. Adeleye E.A
||Director, Finance & Accounts
|Mr Olajide Adebisi (JP)
||2000 – 2003
|Mr. Lanre Aribisala
||2003 – 2007
|Mrs Taiye Ajibade
||2007 – 2008
|Mr Leye Fagbemi
||2008 – 2009
||2011 to date
|Mr Biodun Oyebanji
||2010 to 2014