Bureau of Statistics
The State Bureau of Statistics that is able to maintain an effective and well coordinated statistical system to meet the information requirements of government and the society towards achieving a sustainable development.
Bringing effectiveness and efficiency to planning and decision making by developing and operating a virile statistical system.
The Bureau of Statistics is the Central Statistical Agency to:
- Coordinate the State Statistical System to guarantee efficiency, avoid gaps and duplication of efforts.
- Collect, compile, analyse, interpret, publish and disseminate statistical information alone or in collaboration with other agencies.
- Conduct research about various sectors to facilitate the social and economic development of the State.
- Develop and promote the use of statistical standards and appropriate methodologies in the State Statistical System.
- Advise State and Local Government on strategies relating to research and statistical development.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive socio-economic State Data Bank.
- Provide a focal point of contact with National and International Agencies on statistical matters.
- Carry out other functions relating to statistics as the State Government may assign to the Bureau from time to time.
The services provided are as follows;
- Generate and publish data and indicators on Education, Agriculture, Health, Population, Transport, Public Finance, Prices of items, Manpower, Security, Justice and Social welfare, for planning, monitoring, evaluation and decision making.
- Provide key indicators and parameters for budget preparation and Medium Term Expenditure Framework.
- Make appropriate population projections for government, society, institutions and individuals.
- Generate household-based information for measuring situation analysis, project/programme assessment and evaluation.
- Organisation of quarterly meeting of State Consultative Committee on Statistics for greater coordination, collaboration, networking, information sharing and feedback strategies.
- Organisation of producer-user workshops.
- Organisation of Data Validation Workshops with relevant stakeholders.
- Printing and dissemination of Statistical documents.
- Production of quarterly Statistical Newsletter for information dissemination.
- Incorporation of a statement of welcoming constructive criticisms in all publications.
- Existence of Email address of the State Bureau of Statistics/Statistician General for contact and feedback.
EKSG website presence (URL?)
FOCAL PERSON (Name & Phone no.)
MRS OLUWAKEMI OMOJU – 07039226433.
PERM SEC(Name & Phone no.)
MR M. O. OGUNTIMEHIN – 07069004353 (STATISTICIAN GENERAL)
COMMISSIONER(Name & Phone no.)
MR FEMI AJAYI – 08063117786 COMMISSIONER FOR BUDGET AND ECONOMIC PLANNING
||Mr Olajide Micheal Oguntimehin
||Director, Research, Survey and Methodology Dept.
||Mrs Dolapo Ojo
||Director, Finance and Accounts
||Mr Idowu Famuyibo
||Director, Population Activities
||Mr Olufunso Femi Ogungbemi
||Director, Admin & Supplies
||Mr Henry Ogunlaye
||Acting Director: Social and Economics Statistics Department
||Mrs Oluwakemi Omoju
||Deputy Director; Research, Survey and Methodology Dept.
||Mr Olugbenga Ajilo
||Deputy Director, Population Activities
||Mrs Abosede Afolake Ojo
Downloads not yet available, pls check later