The Bureau of Rural Development (BRD) is made up of five Departments and three Units. The departments are:
- Finance and Administration
- Planning, Research and Statistics
- Rural Infrastructure
- Community and Economic Develvopment
- Social Services
The Units includes:
- Information Unit
- Rural Transportation Unit
- Agric and Micro Credit Unit
Office of the Administrative Secretary Bureau of Rural Development,
New Secretariat, Phase II,
Ado – Ekiti.
- Construction of Rural Roads
- Construction of Bridges
- Construction of lined hand dug wells
To fast track the transformation of rural areas to liveable milieu through aggressive socio-economic and rural infrastructural development.
- formulation and dissemination of policies on rural development
- collection, collation, analyzing and disseminating research to rural development
- promoting the development and maintenance of rural infrastructural facilities.
- creating forum for bringing together the relevant stakeholders in rural development
- assisting the small-scale farmers in the rural areas to make use of available opportunities for optimal production to better their lots.
- promotion of an enabling environment for achieving economic development in the rural areas.
- mobilization/sensitization of the rural dwellers on the scourge of HIV/AIDs and how to mitigate its effects.
|–||Snr. Special Assistant|
|Mr. E.O Owolabi||Administrative Secretary|
|Mr. I.O. Ajayi||Director, Finance &Administrativ|
|Mr. E.S. Agunbiade||Director, Community & Economic Development|
|Mr.R.B. Ogundele.||Director, Planning, ResearchStatistics|
|Engr. A.S. Akinola||Director Rural Infrastructure|
|Mr. J. B. Ilori||Director Social Services|
|Engr. A.O. Ilesanmi||Deputy Director, Rural and Infrastructure|
|Mr. S.W.R, Ogunmosunle||Deputy Director, Planning Resarch & Statistics|
|Mr. S.A.Adeyanju .||Deputy Director, Community Economic Development|
|Mr. Abiodun Ogunrinde||Deputy Director, Social Services|
|Dr. Gboyega Isinjola||Special Adviser||2008 – 2009|
|Hon. Sola Omolayo||Sr. Special Assistant||2008 – 2009|
|Hon. Taiwo Olatunbosun||Sr. Special Assistant||2008 – 2009|
|Hon. Kayode Babade||Senior Special Assistant||2008 – 2009|
|Hon. Abiodun Bamiteko||Hon Commissioner Ministry of Rural Development||2009 – 2010|
|Mr. E.O Fagbemi||Permanent Secretary||2009 – 2010|
|Mr. Dipo Ogunkayode||Snr. Special Assistant||2010 – 2014|
|Hon. Tale Oguntoyinbo||Special Adviser||2010 – 2014|