Dr. Kayode Fayemi was former Minister of Mines and Steel Development (2015 – 2018) under the Buhari APC-administration. He had the mandate of Nigeria’s President Muhammadu Buhari to reposition the Nigerian Mining sector to contribute optimally to the administration’s priority agendas of diversifying the country’s revenue base and creating jobs and economic opportunities for Nigerians. He was also the Chairman of the Governing board of the Nigeria Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (NEITI). He was formerly the Governor of Ekiti State in Southwest Nigeria (2010 – 2014).
He holds degrees in History and International Relations from the University of Lagos and Obafemi Awolowo University respectively; a Doctorate in War Studies from King’s College, University of London and is a Fellow of the Centre for Peace and Conflict Studies, University of Ibadan. His research and policy development interests include: Natural Resource Governance, Democratisation, Constitutionalism, Security Sector Governance, Civil-Military Relations and Regionalism in the Global Context. Amongst other academic and public policy engagements at home and abroad.
Dr. Fayemi has lectured in Africa, Europe, the Americas and Asia. He has also served as adviser on Transitional Justice, Regional Integration, Constitutionalism, Security Sector Reforms and Civil-Military Relations to various governments, multilateral institutions and development agencies.
Dr. Fayemi was the founding director of the Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD), a research and training institute dedicated to the study and promotion of democratic development, peace-building and human security in Africa. As a central figure in the coalition of civil society actors that resisted oppressive military rule in Nigeria, he was instrumental to the founding and running of opposition radio stations while in exile. His role in the struggle to restore democratic governance in Nigeria is documented in his book Out of the Shadows: Exile and the Struggle for Freedom and Democracy in Nigeria (CDD, 2005). His other publications include: Mercenaries: The African Security Dilemma, co-edited with Abdel-Fatau Musah (Pluto Press, 2000); Deepening the Culture of Constitutionalism: The Role of Regional Institutions in Constitutional Development in Africa (CDD, 2003); and Security Sector Governance in Africa: A Handbook (co-edited with Nicole Ball, CDD, 2004); Reclaiming the Trust (Amandla, 2012); Regaining the Legacy (Amandla, 2013); and Legacy of Honour and Service (Amandla, 2014).
Dr. Fayemi is a prominent member of the governing All Progressives Congress (APC) in Nigeria. In December 2014, he chaired the political party’s National Convention Planning Committee that conducted the unprecedented transparent and credible Presidential Primary election that produced the party’s Presidential Candidate for the 2015 general election and eventual winner, President Muhammadu Buhari. He also served as the Director, Policy Research and Strategy of the APC Presidential Campaign Council. In 2016,he led the party to victory as the Chairman of the election Management Sub-Committee of the Ondo State Governorship election.
He has received several awards and recognitions at home and abroad, and holds the national honour of Commander of the Order of the Niger (CON). Dr. Fayemi was born in Ibadan on 9th February, 1965. He is married to Erelu Bisi Fayemi, the renowned women’s and children’s rights advocate, international development specialist, writer and social entrepreneur.
- To engage highly professional, competent, respectful,courteous,committed, and well trained personnel in the discharge of welfare and hospitality activities;
- To provide and serve well prepared, tasty and delicacies (local and continental dishes) in a hygienic and conducive environment;
- To provide and maintain well furnished, comfortable and suitable accommodation for State guests to facilitate relaxation;
- To ensure that the precinct of government House is kept clean and neat at all times;
- To ensure orderliness,properly set out arrangements including Protocol and security at all official functions/engagements of Government;
- To prepare and give memorable gift items befitting the culture and values of Ekiti State to State guests in commemoration of their values;
- To extend government hospitality including gift items to indigenes and well meaning friends of the State within and in the diaspora during festivities like Christmas, Ramadan, etc;
- To provide decent, serviceable and road worthy vehicles to enhance transportation of the first family and indeed other important State guests within and outside the State;
To give a taste of comfort, warm hospitality and excellent welfare services to the first family and our very revered state guests in a peaceful, serene and aesthetic environment, and to Ensure that protocol and security arrangements at all official functions of Government, are in conformity with international standard and best practice.
- The following are the various sections in the department:
- Office of the Chief of Staff
- Office of the Permanent Secretary
- Office of the State Chief of Protocol
- Administration and Supplies
- Finance and Account
- Government House Administration
- Government House Infrastructure
- Office of Her Excellency.
- Office of the Chief Press Secretary.
- Ensuring the welfare of His Excellency, the Governor and his immediate family.
- Receiving, accommodating and feeding of State Guests at Chalets or hotels;
- Accompanying His Excellency, the governor to Official and Social functions within and outside the state;
- Procurement of befitting gifts for State Guests;
- Arrangements and Ad-hoc parties and State banquets;
- Compilation and adherence to protocol list;
- Maintenance of vehicles and capital assets in the Government House;
- Ensuring that the Government House environment is kept clean and tidy;
- Maintaining discipline of staff;
- Extension of Government hospitality to indigenes and friends of the state during festivities like Christmas, Ramadan etc.
|Hon. Biodun Omoleye||Chief of Staff|
|Hon. Yinka Oyebode||Chief Press Secretary to the Governor|