A LAW TO MAKE PROVISION FOR THE FIRST EDITION OF THE LAWS OF EKITI STATE OF NIGERIA AND OTHER MATTERS RELATED THERETO OR CONNECTED THEREWITH
NO. 3 OF 2012
Ekiti State of Nigeria
Commencement ( )
1 Citation and Enactment
This law may be cited as the First Edition (Laws of Ekiti State of Nigeria) Law 2012.
- 2. Contents of the First Edition etc
- The First Edition of the Laws of Ekiti State 2012 shall contain:
(a) All enactments in force in the State on the appointed day and all subsidiary instruments made there under and in force on the appointed day.
(b) A table of contents, a chronological table of enactments and an index.
3 Appointed Date
The House of Assembly shall on the recommendation of the Attorney-General prescribe the appointed date.
4 Validity and Operation of the First Edition
(1) The First Edition when brought into force in accordance with Section 5 of this Law shall be taken by all courts and for purposes whatever to be the authentic edition of enactments in the State, enacted on or before the appointed day.
(2) Where in any enactment or document of any kind reference is made to an enactment repealed or otherwise affected by the operation of this Law, that reference shall where necessary and practicable, continue to be the corresponding enactment contained in the First Edition.
(3) Nothing in this section shall be construed to imply the validity of any enactment included in the First Edition where such enactment is inconsistent with the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, 1990.
- 5. Bringing the First Edition into force
(1) On the approval of the memorandum submitted by the Attorney-General to the Executive Council, the Attorney –General shall forward copies of the First Edition to the House of Assembly with his recommendation thereon as to the appointed date.
Last modified: October 22, 2012