Ekiti State celebrates one-year anniversary of JKF Led administration on the 16th of October, 2019, and as part of the commemoration activities of the first year in office, a Colloquium and Symposium Sub-Committee is set up to organize the ‘’JKF Annual Essay competition’’ The Essay Competition is based on JKF‘s promise during inauguration and fueled with his commitment to education, youth participation, values reorientation and knowledge economy.
ESSAY TOPIC: Primary and Secondary Schools: “The Role of THE Family in Restoring Ekiti Values”
The Essay should attempt to answer the following questions;
1. What are the Core Values of the Ekiti people?
2. How can Ekiti families pass down those values to the next generation?
3. How can Families provide leadership through effective parenting and value orientation?
4. How can Ekiti preserve and horn her values to stand out in the comity of states in Nigeria?
5. Give examples of Ekiti families in History known to uphold our values at the State, National and International stage.
6. Undergraduates and Postgraduates: Innovations as a pathway to Economic Development in Ekiti
1. Open to all residents of Ekiti State, Ekiti indigenes residing in other parts of the country and diaspora may also participate.
2. ALL participants must be 30 years old or younger.
3. Published essays are not eligible (including on social media). Plagiarized entries will be disqualified.
4. All entries must be in MS Word format only (Times New Roman font style/size 12 double spaced)
5. All entries must be sent via email to email@example.com or before 11:59 pm.10th October 2019
6. Entries must include contact information: Name, Address, Age, Telephone- WhatsApp number(s).
7. Entries must include the name of participant’s school/higher institution, year of study and course (where applicable).
8. Shortlisted participants will be required to submit scanned copies of proof of identity – (any one of International Passport, Permanent Voter’s Card, National Identity Card or School Identity Card) and their qualifications.
9. Winners of 2018 Inaugural Essay Competition are not eligible to apply.
10. Only shortlisted participants will be contacted.
CATEGORY QUALIFICATION WORD COUNT:
- Primary School Must be enrolled in a registered primary school in Ekiti State. 200-300 words.
- Secondary School Must be enrolled in a registered secondary school in Ekiti State.
- 2019 WAEC candidates can also apply 500-700 words.
- Undergraduate Must be enrolled in an accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria or diaspora. 850-1000 words.
- Postgraduate Participants must possess a certificate of award of first degree or proof of postgraduate studies in an accredited tertiary institution in Nigeria or diaspora. 2019 fresh graduates may also participate. 1200-1500 words
Entries will be judged by reputable editors and scribes in a three-stage process set-up by the Anniversary Sub-Committee on Colloquial. Winners will be invited to participate in the activities leading to the Award Ceremony.
Category 1st Prize 2nd Prize 3rd Prize
Ekiti State Only
Primary/Elementary 50,000 750,000 100,000
Secondary/High School 100,000 150,000 2500,000
Nigeria & Diaspora
Undergraduate 200,000 3000,000 500,000
Post-Graduate 300,000 500,000 750,000
JKF/Ekiti State Government 1st Year Anniversary Committee
Last modified: September 25, 2019