The Government House and Protocol Department is created to cater for the welfare of His Excellency, the Governor, members of his immediate family, personal aids and other State Guests, The Department is directly under the supervision of the Permanent Secretary, Government House and Protocol. While the Political Head, is the chief of staff to the Governor ably assisted by the State Chief of Protocol.
- To engage highly professional, competent, respectful,courteous,committed, and well trained personnel in the discharge of welfare and hospitality activities;
- To provide and serve well prepared, tasty and delicacies (local and continental dishes) in a hygienic and conducive environment;
- To provide and maintain well furnished, comfortable and suitable accommodation for State guests to facilitate relaxation;
- To ensure that the precinct of government House is kept clean and neat at all times;
- To ensure orderliness,properly set out arrangements including Protocol and security at all official functions/engagements of Government;
- To prepare and give memorable gift items befitting the culture and values of Ekiti State to State guests in commemoration of their values;
- To extend government hospitality including gift items to indigenes and well meaning friends of the State within and in the diaspora during festivities like Christmas, Ramadan, etc;
- To provide decent, serviceable and road worthy vehicles to enhance transportation of the first family and indeed other important State guests within and outside the State;
To give a taste of comfort, warm hospitality and excellent welfare services to the first family and our very revered state guests in a peaceful, serene and aesthetic environment, and to Ensure that protocol and security arrangements at all official functions of Government, are in conformity with international standard and best practice.
The following are the various sections in the department:
- Office of the Chief of Staff
- Office of the Permanent Secretary
- Office of the State Chief of Protocol
- Administration and Supplies
- Finance and Account
- Government House Administration
- Government House Infrastructure
- Office of Her Excellency.
- Office of the Chief Press Secretary.
- Ensuring the welfare of His Excellency, the Governor and his immediate family.
- Receiving, accommodating and feeding of State Guests at Chalets or hotels;
- Accompanying His Excellency, the governor to Official and Social functions within and outside the state;
- Procurement of befitting gifts for State Guests;
- Arrangements and Ad-hoc parties and State banquets;
- Compilation and adherence to protocol list;
- Maintenance of vehicles and capital assets in the Government House;
- Ensuring that the Government House environment is kept clean and tidy;
- Maintaining discipline of staff;
- Extension of Government hospitality to indigenes and friends of the state during festivities like Christmas, Ramadan etc.
|Hon. Biodun Omoleye
||Chief of Staff
|Hon. Yinka Oyebode
||Chief Press Secretary to the Governor
|Barrister Bamidele Agbede
|Mr. Francis B. Omotoso
||Director of Protocol
||Director, Admin. & Supplies
|Mr. Micheal S.Boluwade
||Director, Office of Chief of Staff
|Mr. Akeem O.Salami
||Director, Govt.House Administration
|Mr. Rufus A. Oyewande
||Director, Finance & Accounts
|Mrs. Funmilayo S. Osunleye
||Chief Internal Auditor
Downloads not yet available, Check later please